Inner Space Centre offers workshops and seminars for professionals @ work. A range of our programs are listed below and we can also tailor make courses to suit your needs.
Some of the organisations where we have run workshops in are:
- Maqta Bridge Engineering
- Emirates Nuclear Energy Corporation (ENEC)
- London Imperial College for Diabetes
- Cleveland Clinic (CCAD)
- Dolphin Energy (Abu Dhabi and Qatar)
- MIRAL Asset Management
- Tourism Development & Management Company (TDIC)
- UAE Embassy (Baku, Azerbaijan)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Abu Dhabi
- Emirates ID Authority
- American Chamber of Commerce (AmCham)
- New York University
- American Comunity School
- British School Al Khubeirat
- Al Mansoori
- Etihad Airways
- Corniche Hospital
For more information about these courses please email email@example.com
CHOOSE CALM OVER ANGER
An enlightening and interactive workshop/talk to help participants remain calm and assertive in challenging situations. Anger is a powerful and destructive emotion, which can create havoc in the workplace, whether it seeps out in the form of irritation and resentment, or explodes in full rage.
Aim: To give participants the understanding and tools to respond to challenging situations in a more effective and positive way.
Key learning points:
- Awareness of the differences between passive, aggressive and assertive behaviour and the damage that anger does to the self and others
- Understanding of the causes of anger and the anger process
- Practical tools to enable participants to choose more appropriate and positive responses to situations, which trigger anger, including an exercise of relaxation and meditation to help prevent stress build-up.
SELF CONTROL AND MANAGING EMOTIONS AT WORK
An enlightening and interactive workshop/talk to help participants give positive emotional response to external presure and work demands.
The stress of modern life, hyper-competition in the personal, professional and business field, time pressure, the requirement for continuing professional development, etc., are situations that tend to influence the emotional state of most called normal people, taking them to the edge of their own physical and mental limits. Often the result is emotional imbalance. This imbalance not only affects the intimate life of a person, it affects their job performance and career development, and that emotions play an important role in all areas of our life and in human relations.
Aim: Learn to use emotions intelligently, and know how to chaneling in a creatively and constructively way emotional energy, so we can use for our own benefit. In this way, we can improve our working efficiency, resolving conflicts and harmonizing relations in our environment.
Key learning points
- Identify and understand the basics of emotional intelligence: self-awareness, self-control, empathy, motivation and social skills.
- Understand the importance of thoughts, emotions and their effect on health and relationships.
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Maintain a positive and creative attitude towards conflict.
- Create a state of mental and physical relaxation through simple practices of relaxation, visualization, concentration and mindfulness.
- Manage effectively negative emotions like anger, fear, aggression or concern, improving the quality of the response to the continuing challenges that arise at work.
MINDFULNESS AND MAINTAINING A POSITIVE ATTITUDE AT WORK
Aim: An enlightening and interactive workshop/talk to help participants to improve their clarity of mind, decision making skills and inner resilience.
Silence of the mind it is necessary to know and meet oneself. Mindfulness it is a training to achieve full self awareness that allows us to develop the ability to manage our minds and all the elements that interfere in decision making (emotions, patterns, habits , memories, beliefs).
Through meditation and a positive mental attitude we are able to manage our personal resources more intelligently, focus attention on what is really important and achieve physical and emotional state of deep calm and relaxation.
- Managers and professionals who want to cultivate balanced and calm responses to the pressure of the enviroment, either because they are overworked or they have responsibility for a team’ emotional response.
Objectives & Benefits:
- Reduce the effects of impulsive patterns and behaviors /habits and act with full consciousness at every moment.
- Learn to manage negative emotions like anger, fear, aggression or concern.
- Increase positive emotions like happiness, empathy and compassion.
- Understand how the mind works and it’s link to thoughts, perception and beliefs.
- To create a state of mental and physical relaxation through simple practices of relaxation, concentration and mindfulness.
- Develop more resilient attitude to the pressures of everyday life and stressful situations.
- Maintain a positive and creative attitude towards conflict.
STRESS MANAGMENT FOR PROFESSIONALS
Aim: To give managers the confidence, understanding, knowledge and practical tools to help prevent organisational stress. This will help to assess and deal with (potentially) stressful working conditions and staff affected by stress.
Key learning points: By the end of the workshop managers will have a better understanding and knowledge of:
- The definition of stress
- Types of stress (work-related and other)
- The difference between stress and pressure
- The effects of stress on business
- The organisational signs and causes of stress
- The signs and causes of stress in individuals
- Effective and proven ‘switching off’ techniques for relaxation and recovery
- How to respond rather than react in any situation
- The impact of lifestyle on stress
- The stress process
- The power of positive thinking
- Practical solutions to help create a stress-free working environment
- How to achieve a good work-life balance and reduce the risk of stress -related illness.
TIME MANAGMENT FOR MANAGERS
Aim: An holistic approach to time/self management which gives participants the understanding and tools to make the most effective and efficient use of their time and energy.
The time we have available is the same for all of us: 24 hours. However, there are people who are able to complete many tasks in this period of time, while others always have “lack of time”. Where is the difference ?; probably the main difference is how they manage the time each one.
The starting point for effective time management is to set clear goals and objectives and allocate the right time every day to the tasks will lead to achieve these goals. This course will research into the method, the process and the tools that are going to help you manage your time more productively.
- Managers of companies and organizations who want to review and improve the management of their time.
- New leaders who need to know methods and tools to effectively manage time.
- Professionals interested in learning how to get an effective time management.
Objectives & Benefits:
- Developing a new perception of time.
- Recognise the difficulties in time management: internal and external causes.
- Learn to define the goals themselves.
- Clarify and prioritize.
- Understand how to balance all important areas of life.
- Increase the effectiveness of your time available, identifying and eliminating those factors that cause a waste of time.
- Provide tools and resources to organize and manage time.
- Establish criteria for the planning and distribution of tasks.
- As clearly discern personal causes of stress in the workplace and personal and family level.
- How to create a state of mental and physical relaxation through simple relaxation practices.
- Knowing oneself. Strengthen the inner self.
- Management agenda.
- Develop an individual project to improve time management.
NON VIOLENT COMMUNICATION AND MEDITATION
Aim: Developing daily awareness to create compassion towards yourself and others, to choose a nonviolent response to life
The goal of NVC is to create a dialogue that respects all the needs, it’s a communication process based on genuine expression and empathy. NVC helps us connect with each other and ourselves, in a way that allows our natural compassion to flourish. It guides us to reframe the way we express ourselves and listen to others by focusing our consciousness on four areas: what we are observing, feeling, and needing and what we are requesting to enrich our lives. NVC helps you to more easily resolve conflicts, get what you want without demands, hear the needs of others, strengthen your personal and professional relationship and live your fullest potential.
Meditation is a way of life. Meditation means having awareness of all your thoughts. Whatever you do with awareness is meditation. It describes a state of consciousness where the mind is free of all the mixed thoughts, and is able to concentrate on just one thought and feeling. Meditation gently guides us towards pure and non-violent thoughts that originate from the real self.